This warm, comforting soup is just the thing for all the cooler days ahead. Full of healthy plant based protein from the white beans, and full of fiber from the cauliflower. Cauliflower is also a surprising source of Vitamin C- crucial for boosting your immune system going into cold and flu season. Classic Moroccan spices give this soup a satisfying boost of flavor, and a drizzle of parsley puree adds both brightness and an extra kick of Vitamins A, K, C, and E. Make up a double batch of this recipe to freeze, or enjoy all week long.
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to finish
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hemp hearts, to garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium. Add the garlic and spices, and cook 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the cauliflower and vegetable stock, and bring up to a simmer. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the cauliflower is just tender. Optional: reserve 6-8 pieces cauliflower for garnish.
- Add the beans to the pot, and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Puree the soup mixture in a blender until smooth. Return to the pot to keep warm.
- Rinse out the blender, and puree the parsley with olive oil, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt and pepper until smooth.
- To serve, divide the soup between bowls, and top with the whole cauliflower if using. Drizzle over the parsley sauce, sprinkle with hemp hearts, and enjoy!